Qatar is a top destination for foreign investors due to its advantages. Being the third country with the largest oil and gas resources in the world, Qatar is attractive in terms of profits generated by this sector. Those wishing to make investments in this country should observe the required conditions, including those relating to a business visa in Qatar. Our immigration lawyers in Qatar are at your disposal with specialized help and can take care of the formalities involved, on your behalf. Feel free to address your questions about Qatari investor visa, and about the formalities for immigration to Qatar.
|Who can apply for an investor visa for Qatar?||
Any foreigner who wants to make investments in Qatar and obtain residency
Who grants Qatar investor visa?
Ministry of Interior in Qatar
Formalities for investor visa in Qatar
– Certificate of Good Conduct,
– valid passport,
– medical examination,
– letter mentioning the amount of investment
|Proof of source of investments||
Candidates must provide documentation that indicate the source of money they want to invest in Qatar.
|Medical examination requirements||
Medical tests like chest x-ray, HIV blood test, Hepatitis B&C test
|Permanent residency in Qatar requirements||
– property purchase of at least USD 200,000 by foreign businessmen;
– investments of at least USD 1 million in starting a business
|Business formation procedure for investors in Qatar||
– drafting the Articles of Association,
– business name verification and reservation,
– issuance of licenses and permits,
– tax registration
|Investor visa application for family members||
Only with Qatar Family Visa Application
|Time frame to obtain a residence permit in Qatar||
Around 4 weeks
|Is company relocation permitted in Qatar?||
Yes, an investor visa can be obtained if business owners relocate their companies to Qatar.
|Permanent Residence Card Granting Committee||
For foreigners living at least 20 years in Qatar
|Is Qatar investor visa available online? (YES/NO)||Yes|
|72-hour Qatar business visa||
Only for short business meetings and events. It does not grant the residency in Qatar.
|Advantages for investor visa applicants in Qatar||
Accessing business sectors without having a local partner
|Benefits of Golden Visa in Qatar||
– fast issuance of residency,
– excellent education and healthcare offered in the country,
– access to top technology,
– wide range of business opportunities
Table of Contents
How to get a Qatari investor visa
Qatar Golden Visa is addressed to those who want to invest in this country and who want to enjoy certain benefits. It is important to know from the beginning that this type of visa does not guarantee a permanent stay in Qatar, other conditions being imposed here. Here is what a Qatar investment visa for foreigners entails:
- The authorities are entitled to make detailed checks on the type of investment you want to make in Qatar. In this sense, a selection can be made.
- The protocols involve a series of documents, including some medical tests, and a clear criminal record.
- The source of the money to be invested in Qatar will be verified.
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Health insurance is required for applicants. Talk to our immigration lawyers in Qatar about a business visa in Qatar.
So, these are some of the conditions required to get the Qatari investor visa with the mention that you can rely on all the support provided by our team of company formation agents in Qatar.
Is a business visa in Qatar different from an investment visa?
Qatar business visa is valid for 72 hours, in some cases, or 2 weeks or 3 months, depending on the purpose of the entrepreneur. This type of visa does not offer the possibility to open a business in Qatar but is addressed to those interested in short business trips, meetings with potential partners, or business conventions. Therefore, a business visa is different from Qatar Golden Visa, and for more details please contact our specialists in the field. We can also offer information on the price of a business visa in Qatar.
Would you like to know all the aspects related to immigration to Qatar? Our experts can explain the relocation conditions and take care of the preparation of the necessary documents. Thus, you will need to obtain a visa, depending on the country you come from, and then apply for a residence permit. The presentation of a valid passport, proof of domicile, and personal income, alongside a clear criminal record, are among the necessary documents in this regard. We can also help you open a company in Qatar and obtain all the necessary documents in just a few days.
Explaining the business visa in Qatar – Immigration to Qatar
There are two types of business visas in Qatar: one of them is valid for 27 hours, while the second can be used for up to 3 months. Here are some aspects to take into account if you are interested in this type of visa:
A business visa in Qatar for 72 hours is issued upon arrival in this country. It can be extended for another 72 hours and is necessary for foreign investors who come to Qatar for business visits.
In the case of a business visa in Qatar with a maximum validity of 3 months, it can be issued to those who have accepted a job in this country for this period. Normally, the formalities come to the attention of the employing company, but our immigration lawyer in Qatar can supervise the whole process.
As for the necessary documents and formalities for obtaining a business visa in Qatar, we list:
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months before arrival in this country.
- You must provide proof of income, plus information about the reasons for visiting Qatar.
- It is necessary to prove the return tickets to the country of origin.
- The authorities also ask for a clear criminal record and to prove that you have good intentions for traveling to Qatar.
If you are interested in a business visa in Qatar or if you want to apply for a Qatari visa company, we invite you to talk to our local specialists. We offer complete services to benefit from the desired visa in the shortest possible time.
Residency in Qatar is a straightforward process that can be supervised by one of our immigration lawyers. The rental contract, a valid passport, and a copy of the employment contract are some of the documents required to obtain the respective permit. However, there is also the obligation to register with the local authorities and perform some medical tests. We recommend that you discuss everything that interests you in this endeavor with our lawyers.
Invitation letter for foreigners in Qatar
In addition to the formalities listed above, the immigration authorities in Qatar also require the presentation of a Letter of Invitation. This must contain information about the company involved, the necessary signatures and authorizations, the name of the sponsorship, and the purpose of the visit. This type of Invitation Letter can be drafted by a specialist on immigration issues, who will offer you guidance according to the legislation in force in Qatar.
Qatar visa company for your employees
Non-Qatari workers can work in this country if they have the necessary work permit, approved by the Labor Department in this country. They must prove an employment contract approved by the Ministry of Labor in Qatar. The Department of the General Directorate of Borders, Passports, and Expatriate Affairs, together with the Labor Department, is the institution that issues work permits for foreigners in Qatar. Here are some of the formalities to obtain these approvals and the Qatari visa company:
- A representative card will be issued for the person who will act on behalf of the company.
- Copies of company documents are needed.
- Copy of the Commercial Registration of the firm and Trade License is required by the authorities for the process of issuing work permits for foreigners.
- Work permits are not issued for the current year but for the next.
- The authorities will take into account the job positions and the number of unemployed people who can fill them before a non-Qatari citizen.
- You can discuss more about the Qatari visa company with our immigration experts. They can also tell you the price of a business visa in Qatar.
What are the prices of a business visa in Qatar?
Once the documents for the business visa in Qatar have been accepted, a fee is paid. This varies between QAR 7500 and 18500, depending on the entrances to Qatar. This price of a business visa in Qatar applies to business visas valid for no more than 90 days. But for more details, please contact our immigration lawyers in Qatar.
Qatar residency by investment program
Foreign businessmen can apply for the Qatar residency by investment program to benefit from various advantages, such as permanent residency. Even if at the moment the necessary amount for investments in Qatar is not established, but only the acquisition of properties worth at least USD 200,000, the program offers residency for 5 years, in the first phase. In addition, it is important to note that only in certain areas of Qatar it is allowed to buy real estate for investment in this country, and the Ministry of Interior is the institution that makes the necessary verifications. We remind you that our team has experience in immigration and relocation issues, so do not hesitate to talk to us and find out all the details about Qatari investment visas.
Why invest in Qatar
Qatar is a modern country, and the authorities continue to implement various programs to develop and attract foreign investors. It is important to emphasize that stable politics and economics play an important role in this direction. In addition, the economic development plans extend to at least 2030. The first step in this direction was to change the laws on foreign investors who can benefit from 100% ownership of companies established in Qatar, in most economic sectors. Moreover, the authorities want to attract foreign investment in the field of renewable energy.
According to world organizations, Qatar is considered the country with the greatest potential for human development, compared to other Arab states. Here are some interesting data and statistics that highlight the economic direction of Qatar:
- Total foreign investment in Qatar in 2019 amounted to approximately USD 32 billion.
- The economic sector continues in the direction of foreign privatization, and the 2022 World Cup to be held in Qatar is expected to attract many foreign investors.
- Infrastructure, education, healthcare, financial services, and tourism are among the most prolific sectors for foreign investment.
- Qatar’s tax system is extremely advantageous. The country offers the lowest corporate income tax rate, at only 10%. In addition, there are no taxes on personal incomes in Qatar.
- Although Qatar’s business market is small, it is connected to major international hubs.
Would you like to learn more about Qatar Golden Visa? We invite you to contact our team of company formation agents in Qatar and benefit from personalized offers. We can help you apply for a Qatari visa company.